Proposing is a very big deal, both for the man and the woman involved in it. The man needs to work up the courage to ask the question, while the woman will get really emotional and cry. For women this moment is not only emotional, but highly important. They will talk with their girlfriends about this subject for days or weeks. Every one of her friends will know about how and when you proposed. Not to even mention the crazy talks about the ring she has.
So here are some tips for the best marriage proposal:
- Plan Ahead – Planning is one of the most important things you can do. Pick a location, a date and make a speech before proposing. The talk before popping the question is important. It can make you girl teary or not. But if you prepare ahead, you will definitely impress your girl.
- Talk To Her Parents – Even though it is a very traditional thing to do, do it. She will definitely appreciate that you have gone through all the effort to speak with her parents. And if she likes traditions, it is even better.
- Pick The Ring or Let Her Do It – Some future brides are very particular when it comes to their jewelry. So, if you have noticed a pattern about what rings she likes and which she hates, you can easily pick a ring. On the other hand, if your girl is quite picky, I suggest you take her with you. This way there won’t be any unpleasant surprises ahead.
- Go Big – Instead of picking a random location, pick a personal one. Maybe the spot where you two met or where you two had your first date. Get creative. Imply hobbies and likes into your proposal. Make your speech great, but not too clingy. Make it funny and adorable. Let her know why you want to marry her, what you like about her and why you love her so much. Do not just throw those magic words and expect some great reaction from her. She needs to be swept of her feet so be ready for that.
- It Is All About Intimacy – While proposing in front of her family, friends or strangers, in the middle of the street or at a sports even sounds fun, it is not. The marriage proposal is a thing that should be intimate. Let her have her moment. Let her cry her eyes out and then make love to you all night. If you ask her in front of the family or some random people her reaction might be a bit awkward. Women get very emotional when it comes to proposals and this is why they should be kept private. Crying in front of your lover is awkward enough, let alone crying in front of some strangers. Get intimate and do it so she can remember it.